This is one of my favorite sandwich combinations — meaty mushrooms, creamy goat cheese, tangy roasted peppers, and the freshness of spinach all combine to create a delicious bite. I made this sandwich on fresh ciabatta bread, but any hearty slice will do!
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon creamy goat cheese
- 1 ciabatta roll, sliced in half
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 4-6 fresh spinach leaves
- Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- On a grill pan on medium-high heat, grill the mushrooms until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and slice thickly.
- Spread the goat cheese on both sides of the roll. Layer the mushrooms and peppers evenly onto one half of the roll.
- Place both halves in a toaster oven and toast until golden-brown and warmed through.
- Remove from oven and add the spinach leaves on top of the mushrooms and peppers. Assemble sandwich and enjoy!