Dreamed up by mad genius pastry chef Cindy Soliz, this high-falutin' take on the lowly Jagerbomb is meant to be part of a dessert trio on the menu, but just happens to be the jello shot of a lifetime.
Jagermeister Panna Cotta
- 3 cup cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 16 ounce mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup Jagermeister
Red Bull Jelly
- 1/2 cup Red Bull
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 1/2 sheets of gelatin
- Start by making the panna cotta, mixing 2 cups of the cream with the mascarpone, vanilla extract, and the interior of the vanilla bean until it's nice and smooth.
- Then heat the remaining cup of cream with the sugar and stir till combined. Do not bring to a boil or the cream will scald.
- Remove from the heat and at the same time, bloom the gelatin sheets in cold water and then add them to the cream and sugar.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add the mascarpone mixture and stir until the mass is cold, then fold in the liquor.
- Pour into shot glasses and then put the mixture aside in the fridge to set.
- Once that's out of the way, you can get started on the Red Bull jelly. Simply bloom the gelatin sheets in cold water, then add to the simple syrup in a saucepan.
- Heat and stir until combined and then remove from heat and add the Red Bull.
- Once no longer hot, you can pour over the top of the cooled panna cotta for a sweet layered effect.