Use muddled watermelon and premium vodka to take a familiar fraternity treat and turn it into something special. The muddled watermelon gives it a fresh flavor and natural sweetness that a box of watermelon Jell-O can't possibly compete with. In short, these things are dangerous.
- 10 limes, halved
- 1 3-oz (85 g) package clear gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Grey Goose vodka
- 1 cup watermelon-flavored liqueur (Pucker or schnapps)
- 1/4 watermelon
- Juice the limes and then hollow out the halves, then put them hollow side up on a cookie sheet.
- Then, cut the watermelon away from the rind and muddle with a muddler in a bowl or mash with a spoon or fork until it's a fine paste.
- Once that's complete, boil the water in a saucepan and add the gelatin and stir until it dissolves completely.
- Turn the heat off and allow the mixture to cool slightly before adding the liqueur, vodka and muddled watermelon, stirring until combined and pouring the mixture into the prepared lime halves.
- Once full, put in the fridge and allow to set overnight and cut the halves in half so they look like wee boozy little watermelons.