A relish is a cooked, pickled, or chopped vegetable or fruit food item used as a condiment, especially to enhance a staple. Locally grown tomatoes and cucumbers taste great in salads, but they can also serve as fresh tasty condiments to other dishes. Easy to make, this cucumber, tomato and herb relish makes a healthy and tasty topping for steamed salmon, adding flavor and charm to the everyday dish.
- 5 ounce Salmon Filet (6 pieces)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 3 cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 3 cup Tomato Cucumber Relish
- ½ cup Arugula
Tomato Cucumber Relish
- 14 oz. Red Grape Tomato Cut Into Quarters
- 7 ounce English Cucumber Diced
- 3 ounce Red Onion Julienne
- 5 tablespoon Parsley Rough Chop
- 3 tablespoon Mint Chiffonade
- 2 tablespoon Basil Chiffonade
- ½ tablespoon Salt
- ½ tablespoon Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Rub the salmon filets with the olive oil and season evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy nonstick sauté pan on medium high heat Add the salmon filets flesh side down and cook until the edges begin to turn brown about 3 minutes. Flip the salmon filet over and pull off the heat. The salmon will continue to cook in the hot pan.
- Combine relish ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place ½ cup of the steamed brown rice into the center of a large dinner plate. Place the salmon filet flesh side up over the rice.
- Top each of the salmon filets with ½ cup of the tomato cucumber relish and garnish with a few sprigs of rocket arugula