Strawberries and black pepper is not something you think of in a typical dessert. “Works well!” says Sodexo chef Chris Follari who suggests to try this special rare recipe. “Give it a shot.”
Balsamic Marinated Strawberries with Vanilla Black Pepper Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cup Vanilla Frozen Yogurt softened
- 6 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Superfine Sugar
- 2 cup Strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 4 each Triangle Wafer Cookies
- 1/4 teaspoon Gray salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper. Mix well to incorporate. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- When ready, stir again to incorporate all the sugar, then pour over sliced strawberries and gently toss until berries are fully coated.
- Divide the strawberries between 4 glasses, top with the softened vanilla frozen yogurt top each with one turn of the peppermill black pepper. Place the wafer cookie sticking into the glass and serve.