Craving a sweet, frozen treat this summer? This recipe will satisfy the sweet tooth and provide an excellent source of vitamin C. Both kids and adults are sure to love it.
- 2 firm ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup red grapes (about 16)
- 1/2 cup green grapes (about 16)
- 8 10-inch wooden skewers
- 1 1/2 Ounces dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Cut the banana into ½-inch thick rounds. Place in a small bowl and toss gently with the orange juice.
- Skewer the fruit, alternating two grapes for each piece of banana and place the fruit skewers onto the lined tray.
- Place the chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir well, and microwave another 10 seconds if necessary to melt the chocolate. Using a spoon drizzle the melted chocolate onto the fruit skewers.
- Place the tray in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Once frozen, skewers may be transferred to a sealable plastic bag where they will keep in the freezer for up to a week. Allow to soften at room temperature for 5 minutes before eating.
- Calories 140; Total Fat 4.5 g; (Sat Fat 2.5 g, Mono Fat 1.3 g, Poly Fat 0.2 g); Protein 2 g; Carb 27 g; Fiber 3 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 0 mg