This recipe contains a savory blend of coffee beans and cardamom. Make sure to brew the coffee extra strong so that it is not diluted with the ice and cream.
- 4 cup double-strength brewed coffee
- 2 cup half-and-half or cream
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar (add more to taste)
- 3 Cardamom pods (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Smash the cardamom pods (with either mortar and pestle or the flat side of a knife and a cutting board) in order to release the cardamom flavor and aroma.
- In a saucepan, bring half-and-half or cream, sugar and cardamom pods to a simmer on medium heat, then turn off heat and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cardamom pods and add the almond extract.
- Fill 4 tall glasses to the brim with ice. Divide the flavored cream between each of the 4 glasses then pour the coffee into each glass slowly.