Ice cream and frozen yogurt are my favorite foods to enjoy during the summer time. Going out for an ice cream cone is fun, but making your own at home can be less expensive and even more delicious. This rich frozen yogurt is bold and bursting with flavor but not calories.
- 1 Pound blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces dark chocolate roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan, toss blueberries with sugar and vanilla. Cover with Saran wrap and set aside for one hour.
- Once ready, place saucepan over medium-high heat and add the cornstarch. Stir occasionally until sauce bubbles and mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and lemon juice. Fold in blueberry sauce and then chocolate. Chill mixture in refrigerator one hour or until completely cool.
- Once chilled, freeze yogurt in ice cream maker as directed by manufacturer's instructions. Store prepared frozen yogurt in freezer until ready to eat.