These fun-size burgers are perfect for party guests. They’re tasty and wholesome but leave room for cake. The tamari and ginger give them a nice extra kick that’s appealing to kids and adults alike.
- 1 pound 93 percent lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup panko, fine dry bread crumbs, or gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger, or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon canola oil or sesame oil
- 8 whole-grain slider-size buns or gluten-free slider-size buns
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, bread crumbs, scallions, tamari, garlic, and ginger. Mix well. Shape into 8 small patties.
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the patties (in 2 batches, if necessary) and cook, turning once, for about 15 minutes total, until no longer pink. An instantread thermometer should register 165°F when inserted into the patties. These also can be grilled. If grilling, brush the patties with sesame oil before placing on the grill.
- Place on cocktail buns and serve with condiments of your choice.
Allergy-Friendly Food for Families is a trustworthy, comprehensive, practical, and kid-friendly collection of recipes that covers the five most common allergens in kids: wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, and soy. Each of the 120 recipes is free of at least three of these allergens; most are free of all five.