Richy Rich could appreciate this well-balanced cocktails made with high-proof bourbon and touch of sweet of grenadine. Created by the genius mixologists at New York City's Employees Only Bar, it cries out for a smoking jacket and a big cigar. Taken from Speakeasy: Classic Cocktails Reimagined (Ten Speed Press).
- 2 ounces Baker’s 107-proof bourbon
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- 1/4 ounce absinthe bitters
- 1 lemon wheel, for garnish
- Pour the bourbon, juice, syrup, grenadine and bitters into a mixing glass. Add large cold ice cubes and shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with the lemon wheel.