This nutrient-loaded recipe is perfect for a Spring afternoon beside the grill.
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- While shrimp is marinating, prepare asparagus. First by trimming the ends.
- Brush spears with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Repeat on the other side.
- Preheat grill on medium. Skewer shrimp and pineapple.
- Grill skewered shrimp and asparagus for about 5-10 minutes. Turning mid-way. Asparagus should be charred and fork tender.
- Plate and enjoy.