This is a very clean tasting salad. It’s loaded with lots of fresh spring vegetables and works really well as a side dish or as an entrée. Enjoy!
- 1/2 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 “Bunch” (about 1 cup chopped) fresh asparagus spears, blanched
- 1 cup shredded carrots, blanched
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1 Can artichoke hearts in water, rinsed and drained (sliced in half if needed)
- 1 Can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- Fresh basil, rinsed and roughly chopped, about 1/4 cup
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper (to taste)
- In a sauce pan, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water and place into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate sauce pan, bring 6-8 cups of water to a boil, submerge asparagus spears and shredded carrots for 60-90 seconds. Remove with slotted spoons and place in bowl of ice cold water (to stop cooking process). Veggies should be very bright in color and slightly tender.
- To the large mixing bowl with the cooked pasta, add edamame, artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans, and tomatoes then stir.
- Now add basil, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss.
- Serve at room temperature.