Nothing beats the rich taste of Asparagus after its been baked with the rustic flavor of walnuts and given a hint of lemon.
- 4 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 Pounds thin-speared asparagus, woody stems removed
- 1 tablespoon margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoon walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper for asparagus and topping, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread walnuts on a cookie sheet and set aside. Spread asparagus on a separate cookie sheet; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and dot with margarine.
- Bake nuts until aromatic and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Bake asparagus for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender but still crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Before serving, spoon topping over asparagus and sprinkle with walnuts.