What better way to celebrate Earth Day than with a healthy dessert that doesn't require you to turn on your oven? These Cookie Dough Balls taste delicious but are made with nutritious ingredients that make them perfect for snacking. Note:These can be stored in the fridge or the freezer, I like them both ways but they will last longer in the freezer.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup salted natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a jelly roll pan with wax paper and set aside.
- Whisk together flour and oats in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together all of the wet ingredients until well-combined. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips
- Use a cookie dough scoop or spoon to scoop about two tablespoons of dough; roll dough into a ball with hands; repeat. Freeze or refrigerate on wax paper until balls are firm.