Tired of the same heavy pasta dishes? Now that the weather is starting to warm up, mix it up with fresh vegetable and grilled shrimp. It's a great dish to serve to guests during a summer gathering and easy enough to whip up during the week.
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deviend
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine (opitonal)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half and roasted
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoon drained capers
- 3 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti (one box)
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine all the ingredients for the shrimp together in a bowl, toss and set aside to let marinate for approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, toss cherry tomatoes with a splash of olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to package directions (about 10-12 minutes) until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, grill the shrimp - this will only take approximately 7 minutes so keep an eye on them. Add cooked shrimp to the bowl with the tomato mixture.
- Heat 6 tablespoons of olive oil over medium/low heat, add garlic and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add drained pasta to the tomato/shrimp bowl and then add garlic olive oil. Toss everything together and serve.