Making pizza at home is easy and fun, especially when you get the hang of rolling out the dough. This recipe from RecipePizza.com for classic pizza dough is all you need to get tossing.
- 1 Package active-dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup very warm water
- 4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Dissolve one package of active-dry yeast in very warm water. Set aside.
- Place flour and teaspoons of salt in a food processor or the bowl of your mixer. Run the appliance to mix the ingredients and, while it is going, steadily add the water-yeast mixture. Turn the machine off to pour in olive oil. Pulse to mix in the oil.
- Take the dough out of the processor or mixing bowl and place onto a lightly floured surface. Add some flour to your hands and knead the dough. Integrate any little pieces of dough or flour that were left behind in the bowl. Knead the dough into one big lump and then, using a knife or dough scraper, separate it into four equal pieces. Roll each one of those into a smooth ball, making sure to knead them until all of the air is released.
- Place whichever dough balls you plan on using on a lightly floured surface. Cover them with a clean dishtowel. Leave them until they have about doubled in size.