Orzo is a nice little pasta that is great in salads and side dishes. We love the fresh flavors of the herbs and lemon juice. Enlist your children to help you experiment with different herbs and vegetables by asking them to come up with some of their favorite combinations. Send this to school as a side dish to a wrap sandwich. If you want to enhance the nutritional value of this salad use whole wheat orzo.
- 1 Pound orzo pasta
- 5 Tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 5 Tablespoon fresh mint leaves chopped
- 6 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper as needed
- Cook orzo in boiling water until tender, drain and put in a large mixing bowl. Add oregano and mint and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the oil and lemon juice and add to orzo mixture, mixing well.
- Season with salt and pepper