This heart-healthy pasta dish, made from cavatappi, is a vertible garden in a bowl. To cut down on the carbs, the pasta can be substituted by brown rice or quinoa pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, 1” diced, various colors
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, 1” diced
- 1/4 cup Chinese eggplant, 1” cubed
- 1/4 cup zucchini, 1” cubed
- 1/2 Roma tomato, cut in fourths
- 2 crimini mushrooms cut in fourths
- 6 Kalamata olives, pitted, cut in half, for each serving
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cup cavatappi pasta, cooked (alternative brown rice or quinoa pasta)
- 2 tablespoon basil, fresh, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 Ounce parmesan cheese, shredded
- Sauté garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add onion, peppers, zucchini and eggplant. Cook till tender. About 2 minutes. Add olives, tomato and basil. Continue to cook over medium heat 1 minute. Add sauce and hot cooked pasta. Continue to cook 2 minutes until pasta is hot. Season to taste with seasoning. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.