Hunger Games underdogs, Rue and Katniss, develop an important alliance while sharing a meal of groosling. So this recipe could really cover more than one scene from the Hunger Games, that is, if we decide to substitute chicken for groosing, a fictional game hen from District 12. Another important scene is when Katniss first tries chicken, a forbidden delicacy in the starving ghettos of District 12.
- 2 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Medium apples, chopped
- 3 tablespoon dried currants, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Peel, core, and chop apples. Combine with currants and breadcrumbs in bowl and set aside.
- Cut a pocket horizontally in each chicken breast. Stuff each chicken breast with apple and currant mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Brown stuffed chicken breasts. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.