These chocolate covered cookie sandwiches are an easy and fun dessert to make for St. Patrick's Day. Bring them to a party to share with friends and they will think you spent hours in the kitchen.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Creme de menthe
- 50 Chocolate or mint chocolate wafer cookies
- 12 Ounces semi-sweet chocolate, oughly chopped
- Green sprinkles (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Prepare mint butter cream filling. Beat butter in an electric mixer on high speed until light and creamy. Add powdered sugar and Creme de menthe and mix on low until incorporated. Increase speed to high and mix until filling is light and fluffy.
- Put together sandwiches. Spread 1 tablespoon of filling onto bottom side of half of the cookies. Press remaining cookies down onto butter cream to make sandwiches. Place cookie sandwiches on prepared baking sheets and put into freezer for an hour.
- Once cookies have chilled, melt chocolate for dipping. Place chocolate in a microwavable bowl and microwave in 30-second increments stirring in between until chocolate is completely melted. Dip half of each cookie sandwich into chocolate and cover with sprinkles if desired.
- Store cookie sandwiches in refrigerator and serve at room temperature.