To celebrate the return of "Mad Men" on March 25, we've picked a classic party recipe for Hawaiian Punch. The juice product was initially created in the '30s as a syrup ice cream topping and became the focus of a classic ad campaign in the 1960s that introduced the character "Punchy" and the tagline "How about a nice Hawaiian punch?" That in-your-face approach could have come straight out of the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce agency.
- 12 ounce light rum
- 6 ounce dark rum
- 4 ounce orange curacao liqueur
- 4 ounce lime juice
- 1 46-ounce can pineapple juice
- 1 16-ounce jar maraschino cherries (with the juice)
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple rings
- 1 Orange, cut into wedges
- In a large punch bowl, combine the light rum, dark rum, curacao, lime juice, pineapple juice and the juice from the jar of maraschino cherries.
- Stir together. Garnish with the maraschino cherries, pineapple rings and orange wedges. Chill until ready to serve.