These no-bake truffles are made from the newly popular cookie-based Speculoos spread. (For those of you who haven't heard, it's a caramel ginger spread that has the consistency of peanut butter made from ground Belgian cookie.) These truffles only require four ingredients and make a great go-to treat straight from the freezer.
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup Speculoos Cookie Butter or Biscoff Spread
- 2/3 cup finely ground gingersnap crumbs (~11 cookies)
- 4 ounce semi-sweet or dark chocolate finely chopped
- Beat butter and cookie butter with an electric mixer on high speed until light and creamy. Add cookie crumbs and combine on high speed until thoroughly mixed. Refrigerate mixture for at least two hours.
- Once chilled, scoop mixture by the teaspoon and roll each scoop into a ball. Keep dough in refrigerator while scooping individual truffles.
- Once all balls are rolled, place them back in refrigerator or freezer.
- Melt chocolate: place chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and place in microwave for thirty second increments stirring in-between until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over chilled balls and freeze until ready to serve.