It might only be the beginning of February and warm weather is a few months away, but that doesn't mean we can't taste the flavors of summer through these Margarita Cheesecake Bars. They are the perfect way to transport your mind to summer days at the beach.
- 3/4 cup Vienna Finger (or vanilla sandwich cookie of choice) crumbs (about 6 cookies)
- 3/4 cup salted pretzel crumbs (about 1 1/2 cups of small pretzels)
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce blocks light cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (~2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookies, pretzel crumbs, butter, sugar and salt. Press crust mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for ~7 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer and the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese on high for a few minutes until creamy. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat into cream cheese. Beat in eggs, lime juice and vanilla. Stir in flour.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over crust and bake for 25 minutes or until firm and edges are separating from pan. Allow to chill in refrigerator before slicing into bars.