This slightly sweet and very spicy mix is a twist on the traditional margarita that features a heavy duty jalapeno punch guaranteed to increase the pulse and get the blood moving to areas of the body unexplored in years.
- 3 ounce quality Mezcal
- 1 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 ounce vanilla liqueur (Navan has a hefty lug of pure vanilla flavor that works well here)
- 1 chipotle pepper
- Muddle half the chipotle pepper in the bottom of a lowball glass, then top off with ice.
- In a shaker full of ice, shake the other ingredients until ice-cold and combined. Then strain into the glass and garnish with the other half of the chipotle.
- Then feel the burn, content in the knowledge that you'll be reborn and forged anew in the fires of the drink. Or at least feeling pretty good when you come out on the other side.