This spicy corn soup is a great meal for those chilly winter days ahead of you and a delicious way to warm up your kitchen. It's also easy and fast to make that help you eat right.
- 1 16 oz Package of frozen corn, thawed and divided
- 2 cup milk, divided
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese to top
- Sour cream to top
- Place 1 cup of corn and 1 ½ cups of the milk into a pot, bring mixture to a boil.
- Combine the onion and 1 tbsp of water in a bowl, cover and microwave for 1 minute
- Place the remaining corn and ½ cup of the milk in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add pureed mixture to the corn mixture in the pot.
- Stir in the salsa, onions, and salt- cook for 12 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with cheddar cheese and sour cream.