These are also good sprinkled with black pepper, cayenne, or pimentón.
- 1¼ cup Finely grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 2 sheet Puff pastry, defrosted (but not unfolded)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Dust a clean work surface with about ¼ cup of the grated cheese. Put 1 unfolded sheet of puff pastry on top of the cheese and dust it with another ¼ cup of cheese. Roll pastry out with a rolling pin into a rectangle about ⅛ inch thick, dusting it with more cheese, if necessary.
- Using a sharp knife or a pastry cutter, cut pastry into long ½-inch-wide strips. Twist each strip several times into the shape of a corkscrew and lay them on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet about ½ inch apart. Repeat the rolling out and cutting and twisting process with the remaining sheet of puff pastry and cheese.
- Bake the cheese straws until they are puffed and golden, about 10 minutes. Let them cool to room temperature before peeling them off the paper.
A collection of some of our favorite recipes, the ones we cook for ourselves, our friends, and our families during the fall and right through the holiday season. These are recipes that will make you want to restock your pantry and refrigerator and start cooking.