Filmmaker Roger Sherman is married to our dear friend Dorothy Kalins, the renowned editor who thought up and started Saveur magazine. They have the most hospitable of homes. Drop by unannounced with a little beluga and Roger might just whip up a batch of his famous blini. Here’s how he makes them.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon canola oil, plus more for oiling the skillet
- Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until the batter is smooth.
- Use a paper towel to rub a large skillet with a little oil. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter into the hot skillet a couple inches apart. Cook until little bubbles form on surface of the blini. Flip blini and cook for less than a minute.
- Transfer to a platter and top with caviar or salmon eggs.
CANAL HOUSE COOKING VOL.5, THE GOOD LIFE is a collection of some of our favorite recipes, the ones we cook for ourselves, our friends, and our families during the fall and right through the holiday season. These are recipes that will make you want to restock your pantry and refrigerator and start cooking.
Buy the full-color ebook:
Related BookCANAL HOUSE COOKING, VOL.2, FALL & HOLIDAY