These cinnamon coffee muffins are a deliciously easy baked good - and the espresso cream topping really takes them up a notch. Enjoy them in the morning with your cup of joe or as an afternoon pick me up.
- 4 Oz whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Stir together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, coffee, cinnamon, and vanilla. Place in the refrigerator until the muffins are baked
- For the muffins; combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Stir.
- In a separate bowl combine the milk and instant coffee- stir together until coffee is dissolved. Mix in the butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Slowly stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just combined, do not over mix.
- Pour batter in lined muffin tins and bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm with espresso cream spread on the side. Or, let cool and then ice the muffins with spread.