This egg and cheese casserole is a quick dish to throw together in the morning that can feed your whole family and then some. Make a few variations, with different spices and veggies, for a tasty breakfast that will please any guest- and keep you happy with an easily prepped and baked meal.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 container Reduced fat crescent rolls
- 6 Precooked sausage patties
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Splash of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a glass casserole dish
- Open the crescent rolls and do not separate them, place the sheet of rolls in the bottom of the pan.
- Press together the creases (dotted lines where the rolls break off).
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheddar cheese over the top of the crescent roll sheet.
- Mix the eggs in a mixing bowl with a splash of milk.
- Pour the egg mix over the roll/cheese base.
- Chop 6 sausage patties and place evenly across the top of the egg mixture
- Top with remaining cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the top is set.
- You can add salsa, peppers, or onions to the eggs for a spicy casserole.