The perfect main course for a holiday party.
- 1 Pound pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (for rubbing)
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 White onion
- 1/2 Cup dried figs, roughly chopped
- 4 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- Small sandwhich rolls
- Mustard, mayo, ketchup - for serving on the side
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rub tenderloin with olive oil. Sprinkle pork evenly with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray with cooking spray. Add pork and onions, cook 2 minutes while turning occasionally, until browned.
- While pork is browning, roughly chop figs 6. Combine balsamic vinegar, water, and honey. Whisk together and add figs to the bowl 7. When pork is browned remove pan from heat 8. Place pork in a roasting pan or deep baking dish 9. Add fig and honey mixture to the pan- pouring sauce over browned tenderloin 10. Cover pan with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes 11. Remove figs and balsamic sauce, place in a bowl to be served beside the sandwiches 11. Let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and placing on rolls.
- A turkey or beef tenderloin will also work in this recipe. Just adjust cooking time accordingly.