Here’s the secret: You can make this pumpkin torte well ahead and freeze it. The sauce is jarred. The cook will be celebrated. Thaw 10 minutes before serving to slice.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 9 cup low-fat ice cream (about 1 1/2 cartons), divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- 1/4 cup jarred caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients (mixture will be crumbly). Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Combine pumpkin and the next 4 ingredients (through cloves) in a bowl. Soften 6 cups ice cream; add to pumpkin mixture, stirring to blend. Spoon half of mixture into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 1 hour or until firm. Cover and freeze remaining pumpkin ice cream.
- Soften remaining 3 cups vanilla ice cream; stir in 3 tablespoons pecans. Spread over pumpkin ice cream layer; freeze 1 hour or until firm. Soften remaining 3 cups pumpkin ice cream; spread over vanilla ice cream mixture. Cover; freeze 8 hours or until firm. Cut torte into 12 wedges. Place 1 wedge on each of 12 plates. Place topping in microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 45 seconds. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon topping; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pecans.