Holiday recipes from Charleston Receipts, the nation’s oldest Junior League cookbook, published in 1950 and now in its thirty-fifth printing.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 pound peppermint stick candy, crushed
- Heat milk in top of double-boiler; add candy and stir constantly until dissolved.
- Pour into tray of refrigerator and chill.
- Whip cream until thickened, but not stiff, and fold into chilled candy mixture.
- Pour back into tray freeze with control set at coldest point, until firm. Stir once or twice during freezing.
- Serve with hot fudge sauce.