Holiday recipes from Charleston Receipts, the nation’s oldest Junior League cookbook, published in 1950 and now in its thirty-fifth printing.
- 1 pound white crab meat
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 pint cream
- 4 tablespoon sherry
- 3/4 cup sharp grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make a cream sauce with the butter, flour and cream.
- Add salt, pepper and sherry. Remove from fire and add crab meat.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered casserole or individual baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook in a hot oven until cheese melts. Do not overcook.