Everyone loves a great BBQ, even vegetarians.
Here is a recipe for flavorful veggie burgers, named after my sister Morgan, who is a vegetarian. I created them for her.
- 4 ounce black beans, drained
- 4 ounce chic peas, drained
- 4 ounce white beans, drained
- 6 ounce rolled oats
- 3 tablespoon red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoon black olives, diced
- 2 tablespoon red bell peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon jalepeno, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon artichoke, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsely, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flake
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 2 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 ounce olive oil
- 1 egg each
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 ounce oil and all the raw vegetables, with the exception of the beans. Sauté until translucent. Remove and cool.
- Add the vegetables to the beans and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients to the mixture. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 12 slider-size patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In same sauté pan, add 1 ounce olive oil. Cook patties for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve with garlic lemon aioli.
- 12 Sliders, 6 servings