The San Diego County Fair is known for it's crazy food concoctions. In previous years, fair-goers have been treated to "delicacies" such as deep fried butter and beer battered bacon.However, this year, the San Diego Country Fair stepped things up a notch when they added chocolate covered corn dogs to their menu at the Deep Fried Butter Stand formerly known as the Heart Attack Café.Can't make it to the the California based fair? Don't worry, you can make your own "Choco Dogs!"
- 6 Frozen Corn Dogs (If you're feeling adventurous you can make your own corn dogs from scratch)
- 12 ounce Bittersweet Baking Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the corn dogs on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake for 16-20 minutes. Let corn dogs cool completely.
- Heat the chocolate on the stove or in the microwave until melted. Dip the corn dogs in the chocolate and coat with sprinkles.
- Eat immediately or place in fridge until chocolate is hard.