Try these chocolate chip bars with a surprise ingredient to get your kids to indulge in good-for-you food that tastes great.
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ground whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (or other fat source, such as peanut butter or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup chocolate, butterscotch, or peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients except for chocolate chips in a mixer and blend until very smooth.
- Mix in chips gently by hand.
- Place dough into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let cool, cut, and enjoy.
- They will look a bit undercooked when you take them out of the oven, as they will firm up when they cool down.