One of the richest and most warming drinks available, brandy combines the heat of a distilled spirit with the warmth of great wine. And why not add to its warming power by mixing it into a great warm cocktail designed expressly to create a little romance as thoughts turn toward ice and snow? The sweet richness of a brandy toddy brings forth a host of spices and flavors, incorporating oolong tea, lavender, vanilla and citrus in a mixture sure to cure whatever may ail you.
- 2 fluid ounce brandy
- 5 fluid ounce simple syrup
- 4 fluid ounce boiling water
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
- 2 inch x 2 inch piece of orange peel
- 1 tablespoon Oolong tea
- Add the dry ingredients to a cheesecloth sachet and put in the bottom of a snifter or mug.
- Add the rest of the ingredients over the sachet and let it steep until fragrant.
- Remove the sachet, give the drink a hearty stir, kick back and watch the fireworks. They'll be well worth the effort.