Few things spark conversation and keep a Halloween party going like a bowl of punch. Combining the flavors of Fall into a tasty and powerful brew that glows a rich bloody crimson, this sweetly strong and tart mix delivers a mouth-puckering spicy mix that's dramatically different from the typical punch combo of ginger ale, sherbet and cheap booze. The balanced flavors are addictive, keeping guests coming back for more, and making it a whole lot more interesting to kick back with friends and hand out candy to trick or treaters.
- 2 cup brandy (OG “Original Gangster” Brandy mixes well with the cider and the price is definitely right at only $25 a bottle)
- 1/2 cup black currant cordial or schnapps
- 1/8 cup superfine sugar
- 4 cup apple cider (preferably unfiltered)
- 1 1/2 cup ice cold seltzer
- Pour all the ingredients into a punch bowl at room temperature and stir well until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Refrigerate until ice cold and then, for the ultimate Halloween punch, add a block of dry ice to get the eerie fog effect no Halloween party is complete without.