For those looking for the sexier side of Halloween, it's hard to beat a combo of bourbon and pumpkin. The smooth caramel of the bourbon matches up with the sweet musky pumpkin and cinnamon spice to deliver a warming sensation that screams for a trip out past the pumpkin patch with the sexy cat suited young thing (or sexy fireman) of your choice. Just keep in mind that the couples who disappear from the group for extracurricular activities tend to be the first the implacable evil creature catches up with.
- 2 fluid ounce bourbon (Bulleit has just the right amount of sweet spice to balance the rich pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 5 fluid ounce orange juice
- 1 dash allspice liqueur (St. Elizabeth's offers up a hefty dose of pumpkin pie spice without being overwhelming)
- 1 fluid ounce dark rum (The Lash brings heavy molasses flavors to the table to add to the richness)
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker full of ice and shake hard to incorporate the pumpkin.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and hope it brings a little heat to a chilly Halloween.