Apples play key roles in Thanksgiving, from stuffing, all the way to the end of the meal when the apple pie comes rolling out of the oven. Complementing and mirroring these flavors in a cocktail is a no-brainer. Apple brandy gives a subtly sweet kick while simple syrup made not so simple with cinnamon and rosemary adds a layer of spice and complexity that delivers sophistication and a comforting warmth that only Thanksgiving can offer up.
- 2.5 fluid ounce Calvados apple brandy
- 0.5 fluid ounce spiced simple syrup (Combine .5 cup water with .5 cup sugar and warm gently on the stove to combine. Once warm and in solution, add a cinnamon stick and 1 tsp chopped rosemary to steep for 20 min – then strain)
- 2 dashes ginger or cherry bitters
- Add the ingredients to a lowball glass with a few cubes of ice and stir to combine.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick to add a little extra flavor and a festive holiday feel to the proceedings.