Who says pumpkin gets to have all the fun at Thanksgiving? These salted caramel-pecan bars are a great option for those who don’t care for cinnamon or pumpkin and can be made for less that $25.00. Try adding dark chocolate chips for a twist!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until toasted. Stir pecans halfway through.
- Line a 15 by 10-inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer across the prepared pan.
- Combine the brown sugar, melted butter and heavy whipping cream in a medium-size heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and the chopped pecans. Combine and pour mixture over graham crackers, spreading to coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 to 11 minutes, or until bubbly.Immediately sprinkle with salt and transfer foil from pan onto a wire rack. Allow to cool for approximately 30 minutes, then break into bars.