Fall is the best time for picking and cooking with fresh apples. Use up your supply with this two delicious sweet apple treat!
- 4 apples
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the fully thawed puff pastry into four squares
- Cut a hole in the center of each piece of pastry, where the apple stem would be
- Stretch the pastry over each apple, centering the hole on the stem of the apple, and close the pastry around the bottom of the apple by pinching the dough together
- In a bowl, mix together an egg and a tablespoon of water- this creates an egg wash
- Brush the egg wash over the pastry apple.
- In a bowl mix together the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Roll each pastry covered apple in the spice mix
- Place the apples on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (or aluminum foil) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately after removing from oven