Pressed for time but still want a hearty meal for dinner? Try out this chicken chili and cornbread combo that will leave you with plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 14 oz can/jar black beans
- 1 14 oz can/jar kidney beans
- 1 8 oz can/jar tomato sauce
- 1 package frozen kernels
- 2 14.5 oz can/jar diced tomatoes with chilies (mild)
- 1 individual packet taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Place chicken on top and cover with a thin layer of the sauce and beans.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- About an hour before serving, remove chicken and shred in a separate bowl.
- Place shredded chicken into the slow cooker and stir in to combine with beans etc.
- Cover and place slow cooker on “low” setting for an hour to allow chicken to soak in the chili flavor.