Are you pressed for time but still want to cook up a nice meal? Fish is a great choice when you want something fast that is easy to prepare. Try this meal of honey glazed salmon, soy sauce couscous, and garlic roasted cauliflower for a great way to put something heart healthy on your table!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Honey Glazed Salmon
1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
4 tbsp honey
1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
4 pieces (about 6 oz. each) salmon fillet
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Mix soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Set aside 2 tbsp of the glaze.
3. Pour sauce into a shallow 2- to 3-quart baking dish. Set salmon pieces in dish; let stand 15 minutes. Turn salmon pieces over.
4. Bake in a 450° oven for 15 minutes, remove from oven
5. Increase oven heat to broil. Brush salmon evenly the rest of the glaze and sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds. Broil until sesame seeds are toasted- about 2 to 3 minutes
Soy Sauce Couscous
1 cup of couscous
1 ¼ cups water or vegetable broth
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Bring water to a boil- add couscous to the water, stirring quickly
2. Cover and remove from heat, letting the couscous sit for 5 minutes
3. Mix together soy sauce, garlic powder, and sesame oil
4. Pour dressing over the warm couscous and stir to combine
Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
2. Place the olive oil and garlic in a large resealable bag. Add cauliflower, and shake to mix.
3. Pour on the cookie sheet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
5. Increase heat and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Kris Schoels is the editor of Young Married Chic -- a blog devoted to baking, fashion, home decor and travel.