Brad Pitt reportedly drops millions to fix Hurricane Katrina broken down homes

Published August 31, 2018

Perhaps it should’ve been called “Make It Not Quite Right.”

A New Orleans attorney announced Thursday that he’s gearing up to sue Brad Pitt and his Make It Right Foundation because some of the eco homes it built after Hurricane Katrina have fallen into severe disrepair.

But sources close to Pitt tell us the movie star has already been working to fix the problems, and donated millions more to get it done.

Lawyer Ron Austin told the city’s WWL-TV that the buildings’ residents have reported sickness and headaches.

He said Make It Right “was making a lot of promises to come back and fix the homes that they initially sold these people, and have failed to do so.”

But Pitt insiders say he’s already been working for up to a year on fixing the failing buildings.

Insiders blame the problems — which we’re told only affect some of the 100 or so buildings — on sloppy construction or poor materials, and say that some of the buildings can be repaired but others will likely have to be torn down.

“Brad’s been working on this for around a year,” we’re told. “Once he knew that there were things that were not up to the standards that he and others would expect, he addressed it — it’s not like he waited for [Austin’s] complaint to be made before doing something about it.”

Design fan Pitt founded Make It Right in 2006 — the year after the natural disaster — along with designer William McDonough to provide homes to people who had lost theirs in the Lower 9th Ward in the hurricane.

The buildings were designed by top architects, including Frank Gehry.

But reports emerged earlier this year claiming that some of the homes have leaks, rot and even missing or broken roofs.

This story originally appeared in the New York Post. 

URL

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/30/brad-pitt-has-already-dropped-millions-to-fix-broken-down-new-orleans-homes/