ENTERTAINMENT

Pablo Escobar's brother demands to vet Netflix's season 2 of 'Narcos' before it airs

Family knows best.

At least that’s how Pablo Escobar’s brother feels when it comes to the popular Netflix series chronicling the Colombian drug lord’s prolific rise to the most powerful cocaine trafficker in the world.

In a letter to the streaming service, Roberto Escobar has demanded that Netflix allow him to review the second season of “Narcos” before it is released. Escobar, the former accountant for the famed Medellín Cartel who went by the nickname “El Osito,” sent what he called a “formal, friendly request” to Netflix asking to review the series “solely on an informational basis.”

The elder Escobar said that the Netflix series' first season was riddled with inaccuracies and lies and that his brother would not approve of the show at all.

“It is depicting me, my life, my family and my brother,” Escobar said in a statement issued Tuesday morning by Escobar Inc., the company he set up in 2014. “I think nobody else in the world is alive to determine the validity of the materials, but me.”

More On This...

The letter, in which Escobar also asks for a share of the profits from the show, was written at an undisclosed location in Colombia and stamped with the Escobar family seal, according to gossip site TMZ.

In 2015, Escobar registered successor-in-interest rights to Pablo and the Escobar family name in California through Escobar Inc. – the same year the series “Narcos” premiered on Netflix. The CEO of Escobar, Inc., Olof K. Gustafsson, told Variety that they attempted to get in contact with Netflix before the show was released last year but did not hear back from the company.

“I think it is important that they recognize Roberto Escobar’s wishes to review the show they are putting out, ensuring the family and viewers of an accurate portrayal of Pablo and Roberto,” Gustafsson said.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter & Instagram