John Stamos says that he totally understands why Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen decided not to be a part of "Fuller House."
In response to news of the "Full House" reboot, Mary-Kate had told Women's Wear Daily, "I guess we're going to talk to the creators and see what's happening. I'm shocked I haven't heard from John [Stamos]."
"I call bullsh**," Stamos tweeted in regards to the the Olsen twin's comment.
The actor/producer showed up on the "Today" show on Monday morning, and talked about his relationship with the 29-year-old sisters.
"There was a lot of miscommunication in the press and stuff," he said regarding why the Olsens won't be on the spin-off series. "I talked to them and why they didn't want to come back. I mean, they have big lives. They haven't acted in a while."
That being said, Stamos continued, "They're fully welcome anytime. I love them."
"I've been trying to get this show off the ground for about six or seven years," Stamos explained. "It was canceled a little premature. We were still going strong. We didn't even know the show was going to be canceled until a few weeks before. We didn't even do a finale of 'Full House.'"
Stamos added that he thinks the fans will be "really happy" with "Fuller House." "It's very sweet," he said assuredly. "It's a lot of the same elements as the original did."
Stamos' co-star Jodie Sweetin told ETonline something similar when we chatted with her earlier this month.
"'How rude!’ definitely makes a comeback, I can say that at least,” the 33-year-old actress confirmed of her character Stephanie Tanner. “Fans will not be disappointed. Stephanie has not lost her catchphrase.”