Aug 27, 2015 at 8:14pm PDT
Here's what's people are talking about:
• On Thursday, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Nina Agdal celebrated National Burger Day by posting a photo from her recent Carl's Jr. campaign on Instagram (above). Although, upon closer inspection, we've determined that Agdal is not eating a burger, but instead a charbroiled cod sandwich. So once again, you've fooled us into looking at your fantastic body, Agdal!
• Speaking of Agdal, we had the pleasure of interviewing her about what she actually eats before a photoshoot — and while she didn't specifially deny eating any charbroiled cod sandwiches, she didn't really confirm it, either. (Once again, we've been fooled!) To hear more about Agdal's diet, check out the video below.
• MTV VMA host Miley Cyrus told the New York Times that she plans to give viewers a "raw" and "psychadelic" experience during Sunday night's ceremony. There's no guessing what that means specifically, so just prepare yourselves for as many leotards and protruding tongues as possible.
• After winning Thursday's 200-meter race at the World Athletics Championships in Beijing, champion sprinter Usain Bolt was accidentally bowled over by a clumsy cameraman on a Segway (below). However, Bolt didn't seem particularly phased by the accident, and today there's one less idiot on a Segway, so it was actually an altogether positive experience.
• In an interview with "Extra," sixth-season "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks said she hopes the FOX show will "bring back all the winners" for its upcoming final season. Also hoping "AI" will bring back all the winners? Nearly everyone who isn't Jordin Sparks, Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson.
• According to the Hollywood Reporter, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" will have exclusive use of every IMAX screen in North America for the first four weeks of its release. This means you won't be able to see anything but the new "Star Wars" in IMAX for that entire month, kind of like how you haven't seen anything but this new "Star Wars" trailer in your Facebook feed for the last 38 hours:
Aug 27, 2015 at 10:00am PDT
• According to Page Six, Lindsay Lohan is claiming she was "slipped a mickey" at the Florence wedding of friends Justin Etzin and Lana Zakocela, causing her to "run around naked" once she got back to her villa for the night. It's still unclear who (if anyone) Lohan blames for drugging her, but we might be able to help pin down a suspect: She should start by questioning a lady named "Lindsay Lohan."
• Rob Kardashian addressed his recent weight gain on Instagram this Thursday, sharing a throwback photo of himself consuming several milkshakes and writing, "Started right here with these milkshakes hahaha" (below). But we don't know why Rob is so consumed with his size all of a sudden. The rest of his family embraces their large, plentiful backsides. Why can't he?
Aug 27, 2015 at 2:37pm PDT
• The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has reportedly decided to honor Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands and Debbie Reynolds with honorary Academy Awards at a special ceremony this November. Or, in other words, the Academy has decided Spike, Gena and Debbie's best years are behind them, but doesn't want them to feel slighted when they don't get invites in February.
• And finally, "Elementary" actress Lucy Liu welcomed a baby boy (via a surrogate) on Thursday, naming him Rockwell. The news comes as quite the surprise, because we didn't even know she was trying to start a family, and we certainly didn't know she was a fan of Rockwell, the singer of 1983's eerie smash hit "Somebody's Watching Me."
Aug 27, 2015 at 2:29pm PDT