Aug 12, 2015 at 7:58am PDT
Here's what's on our radar:
• On Wednesday, Honest Company CEO and actress Jessica Alba shared a beachy selfie from her family vacation to Mexico — or at least we think she's near a beach. It's hard to tell from the above pic, although it does confirm two things: A. that Jessica Slba is still attractive; and B. that Jessica Alba looks good in a hat.
• Know what else Alba looks good in? A side-braid, like last year. Wanna try the look for yourself? Christine Healey, a hair stylist for the Rita Hazan Salon, recently showed us the secret to Alba's trendy 'do. Watch the video below to learn her technique, and if you hate how it turns out, just don a big floppy hat.
• LeAnn Rimes revealed to Into the Gloss that she ingests 40 vitamins and supplements — "20 pills in the morning and 20 at night" — as part of her daily health and beauty routine. However, she neglected to specify whether or not she pours them all into a bowl with some water and eats them like cereal, like we assume she must.
• According to Us Weekly, Ben Higgins, the second-runner up on this past season of "The Bachelorette," has been chosen by ABC to serve as the next "Bachelor." First runner-up Nick Viall, who also seemed like a good choice for the next "Bachelor," will just have to resort to finding a mate the old-fashioned way: namely, through alcohol.
• The first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's eighth film, "The Hateful Eight," was released online on Wednesday (below). And judging solely from the short preview, this movie is gonna have action, adventure, and Tim Roth playing a role that was almost certainly intended for Christoph Waltz. Enjoy:
• Prompted by Kim Kardashian's recent endorsements on social media, the FDA has sent a warning letter to the manufacturers of a morning-sickness drug called Diclegis. It turns out the company violated FDA rules, and perhaps a law, by having Kim endorse its drug without listing any side effects. It also turns out that Kim is not a credible doctor, and simply a socialite who holds no degree in medicine. Who knew?
• The first trailer for the independent film "Let Me Make You a Martyr," starring Marilyn Manson as a Native American hitman, has hit the web (below). But according to the Daily Mail, his casting has upset Native American activists, who would've preferred the filmmakers placed an actual Native American in the role. Meanwhile nobody seems particularly upset they didn't hire an actual actor for the part.
• Early on Wednesday morning, Billy Joel, 66, and his new wife Alexis Roderick, 33, welcomed a baby girl they named Della Rose. This is Joel's second child after 29-year-old daughter Alexa Ray, but probably the first he has no intention of naming a fishing boat after.
• As captured on camera by TMZ, Khloe Kardashian was ambushed by her ex-husband Lamar Odom while entering her SoulCycle class on Wednesday morning, with Odom reportedly resorting to screaming to force Khloe into talking. She reportedly raced back to her car and sped away from the scene instead of kicking him into submission with her strong, SoulCycled legs.
• And finally, former "American Idol" finalist Constantine Maroulis was arrested for allegedly kicking his girlfriend in the groin during a fight at their New Jersey home. Maroulis maintains his innocence, but admits that a heated argument took place after he announced his intentions to leave her. It should also be noted that Maroulis has a history of arguing with his lovers, namely over La-Z-Boy furnishings: