Jun 29, 2015 at 8:08am PDT
Here's what's on our radar today:
• The other day on Instagram, Heidi Klum shared a topless photo to promote her line of Heidi Klum Intimates (above). But seeing as she's topless, isn't she really only utilizing half of her available advertising area? She sells bras too, after all. That's like buying a billboard and only covering half its private parts in panties!
• It's pretty clear why Alexa Ray Joel is finding success in the music business: After seeing her perform, there's no doubt she's inherited her father's musical chops. In a recent interview with FNM, Alexa discussed how Billy Joel's career influenced her style, as well as the funny way he reacted when she decided to cover one of his tunes. Watch the clip below to hear more.
• In a joint statement issued on Tuesday, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner revealed that they're getting a divorce. Oddly enough, the couple announced the news just one day after their 10-year anniversary, leading us to believe they only waited this long because they're members of some kind of marriage loyalty program, and 10 years earns them a free tote.
• Warner Bros. has debuted the first trailer for "Creed," yet another film in the continuing "Rocky" saga (below). This time, the plot centers on Adonis Creed (Apollo's son) and his attempts to become a champion boxer under the tutelage of Rocky Balboa. Sylvester Stallone looks to be the only original actor to return to the franchise, unless of course you count his jaunty fedora, which does makes several appearances.
• Clothing designer Marc Jacobs accidentally Instagrammed a nude selfie taken in what looks to be his own closet. The media's consensus is that Jacobs intended to direct message the pic to a love interest but somehow screwed it up; our hypothesis, however, is that he only wanted to show off his new closet redesign, and simply forgot that his naked butt and penis were in the shot. Happens to all of us!
• Earlier this week, former "Full House" actress (and future "Fuller House" actress) Lori Loughlin shared a photo of herself practicing yoga on Instagram (below). Most news outlets agree that Loughlin is in terrific shape for a 50-year-old, but we tend to disagree with those statements — mostly because we believe Loughlin is in terrific shape for an 18-year-old:
Jun 28, 2015 at 3:03pm PDT
• As revealed by director Justin Lin, the title of the upcoming "Star Trek" sequel will be called "Star Trek Beyond." It's exciting news, but it doesn't reveal much about the film's plot, other than hinting that the Starship Enterprise is going to zoom right past the Bed and Bath sections of space, and fly straight to the Beyond section, where the universe keeps its kitchenware.
• Just weeks after his split from Charlize Theron, Sean Penn is already dating actress Minka Kelly. For their first date, Penn reportedly flew to Napa and treated Kelly and her friend to dinner, which seems like a really smooth move until you realize it's also something your desperate friend Todd would do on the off chance he might get lucky.
• On Tuesday, Ellen DeGeneres launched ED by Ellen, a new line of clothing and home goods "inspired by the iconic style, values and personality" of DeGeneres herself. In other words, each and every piece was made for maximum movement and danceability.
• Paris Hilton is reportedly planning to take legal action against the Egyptian prank show that tricked her into thinking she was going to die in a plane crash. According to TMZ, she's allegedly "freaked out" over flying anywhere now, and plans to sue for emotional distress. However, TMZ didn't mention if she also plans to sue for her dry-cleaning costs, so we're guessing she didn't pee her pants during the prank. Good for her!
• And finally, in celebration of our nation's independence, Sports Illustrated has released a patriotic new "Summer of Swim" series featuring photos of model Hannah Davis wearing nothing but revealing swimsuits like some sort of shapely Uncle Sam (see one below). In related news, 95 percent of the people ogling this photo can't seem to remember who Uncle Sam is at the moment.
Jun 30, 2015 at 2:07pm PDT